Choose meeting type
From your Doodle Dashboard, click on "Create" in the top right corner and select "One-on-One"
Provide meeting info
Set a meeting title, description and location of your meeting.
Is the meeting going to take place remotely? Toggle on video conferencing. If your default connected calendar is a Google Calendar, a Google Meet link will be added to the calendar invitations. If you want to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams instead, select it as you main conferencing tool in your account settings.
Suggest meetings times
Click anywhere on the calendar to create a time slot. The time slots can be extended to longer or shorter slots by dragging the green box up or down (minimum 30 minutes).
Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to e.g shared calendars.
Also make sure to check your time zone in the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The 1:1 invitation will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
If you wish to create all day options, e.g. days with no specific time selected, you can do so by clicking just beneath the name of the days (MON, TUE, WED etc). This will create all day options. You must select either all options as all day option, or add times to all the options.
You can enable a few special settings for your 1:1 meeting.
- Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to book a time in your 1:1 meeting.
- Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't booked after a given time. More information here
- Check for conflicts: this option is automatically selected. You can change your calendar selection under "Edit selection"
Click "create and share link/send invitation" to finish up the 1:1.
Now it's time to share the invitation. Click "share invite" at the top right corner and copy the meeting link for sharing or invite your participants via email. Make it even easier for yourself by adding your Google or Outlook contacts in your Doodle account settings. When you start typing the emails of your contacts, they will autofill. You can also change the automated message that goes along with your email invitation. You can invite several people to your 1:1 meeting. Once an option is selected by a participants, it becomes unavailable for other participants.
Good to know
- Once a participant selects a slot, both the organizer and the participant will receive a calendar invitation per email.
- If you need to cancel a scheduled 1:1 meeting, you can delete the event from your calendar and notify the participant. The booked slot will not disappear from the 1:1.