Doodle's 1:1 tool is a Professional feature. Make sure you have a Doodle Professional subscription to create 1:1s.
Watch the video below to learn all you need to know about Doodle's 1:1 tool. You can also keep reading for a detailed step-by-step guide on how to create a 1:1.
1. Choose meeting type
- Click "Create" in the top right corner
- Select "1:1"
If you haven’t already done so already, you will be prompted to connect your calendar to Doodle. In order to use 1:1 you need to connect a Google or Microsoft Office 365 calendar in your Doodle account settings. This allows your 1:1 to reflect your availability and sync your bookings directly to your calendar.
2. Provide basic info
- Give a title to your 1:1
- Add a description to your 1:1
- Add a location to your 1:1
- Toggle on a video conferencing tool if your event will take place remotely. If you’d like to change your preferred video conferencing tool, you can do so in your account settings.
3. Add your times
When creating your poll, you can select either week view or month view.
- Select the duration of the time slots you would like to offer your participants. Every time slot will have the same duration. You can also select "all-day" and click underneath the days to create all-day options.
- Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to (for example, shared calendars).
- Check your time zone at the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The group poll will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
- Click anywhere on the calendar to create time slots. To delete a time slot, hover the cursor over the time slot and click on the little x. You can grab the time slot and move it around as you see fit.
- Click on "Month" at the top of the page.
- Select the duration of the times you would like to select. Every time slot will have the same duration. You can also select "All day" and click directly on the dates to offer all-day options.
- Click on the dates on which you would like to offer time slots.
- Add a start time to the time slots. If you want to have different times on different days, click "Add different times to dates". You can also add more time slots on specific date by clicking "Add times".
4. Enable special settings
You can enable a few special settings for your 1:1.
- Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to book in your 1:1.
- Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't booked after a given time.
- Check for conflicts: this option is automatically selected. You can change your calendar selection under "Edit selection"
5. Custom Invite fields
We will make sure to always ask for the name and email of your participants. If there is any other information that you would like to gather, you can add a custom question here.
- Tick the box “required” if you want the answers to be mandatory.
- The answer to the custom questions will appear in the calendar invitation once the event has been booked. To leave the answers to custom questions off of the calendar invitation, uncheck the "Show answers in created calendar events" box.
6. Finish up the 1:1
- Click "create invite and continue"
7. Share invite
Now it's time to share the invitation.
- Click "share invite" at the top right corner
- Click "copy link for" to share via link
- Add emails to the email field to invite via email
- Change the automated message that goes along with your email invitation if needed.
You can invite several people to your 1:1. Once a time has been selected by a participant, it becomes unavailable for other participants.
Good to know
- Once a participant selects a time, both the organizer and the participant will receive a calendar invitation per email.
- Participants have the option to reschedule booked 1:1 meetings from the confirmation email sent from Doodle.