Check out the short video below, or keep reading for detailed instructions on how to create a group poll with Doodle.
Choose meeting type
- From your Doodle Dashboard, click on "Create" in the top right corner
- Select "Group Poll"
Provide meeting information
- Set a meeting title, description and location of your meeting.
- Is the meeting going to take place remotely? Toggle on Video Conferencing. If you default connected calendar is a Google Calendar, a Google Meet link will be added to the booked event. If you want to use Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex instead, select it as you main conferencing tool in your account settings.
Add your times
When creating your poll, you can select either week view or month view.
- Select the duration of the times you would like to select. Every time slot will have the same duration. You can also select "all-day" and click underneath the days to create all-day options.
- Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to (for example, shared calendars).
- Check your time zone at the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The group poll will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
- Click anywhere on the calendar to create time slots. To delete a time slot, hover the cursor over the time slot and click on the little x. You can grab the time slot and move it around as you see fit.
- Click on "Month" at the top of the page.
- Select the duration of the times you would like to select. Every time slot will have the same duration. You can also select "All day" and click directly on the dates to offer all-day options.
- Click on the days on which you would like to offer time slots.
- Add a start time to the time slots. If you want to have different times on different days, click "Add different times to dates". You can also add more time slots on specific date by clicking "Add times".
Enable special settings
You can enable a few special settings for your group poll.
- To enable the settings, tick the corresponding box under "Settings".
Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to vote in your group poll, and existing participants will not be able to change their votes.
Limit participants: set the maximum amount of participants that can select the same time.
Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't voted after a given time. More information here.
Hide guest list: only you will be able to see the list of participants and their votes.
Finish up your group poll
- Click "continue" at the bottom right corner to finish your group poll set up.
Now it's time to invite your participants.
- Click "share invite" in the top right corner
- Click "Copy link" to share the group poll via link, or send an invitation to your participants via email in the field below.
- Make it even easier for yourself by adding your Google or Outlook contacts in your Doodle account settings. When you start typing the emails of your contacts, they will autofill. You can also change the automated message that goes along with your email invitation.
Good to know
- As the organizer, you will automatically have voted for all suggested meeting times in the group poll. It is not possible to change your own selection. Your name and vote will not be shown to the participants.
- Once you have the votes you need, select the final option and click "book it" - see more information on selecting the final option here.
- The booked event will appear automatically in your calendar, and a calendar invitation will be sent to your participants.