Choose meeting type
From your Doodle Dashboard, click on "Create" in the top right corner and select "Group Poll"
Provide meeting info
Set a meeting title, description and location of your meeting.
Is the meeting going to take place remotely? Toggle on video conferencing. If you default connected calendar is a Google Calendar, a Google Meet link will be added to the calendar invitations. If you want to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams instead, select it as you main conferencing tool in your account settings.
Add the emails of your participants. Make it even easier for yourself by adding your Google or Outlook contacts in your Doodle account settings. When you start typing the emails of your contacts, they will autofill. If you prefer to invite via link sharing, you can do this after the completion of the invitation.
Suggest meetings times
Click anywhere on the calendar to create a time slot. The time slots can be extended to longer or shorter slots by dragging the green box up or down (minimum 30 minutes).
Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to e.g any shared calendars.
Also make sure to check your time zone at the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The group poll will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
If you wish to create all day options, e.g days with no specific time selected, you can do so by clicking just beneath the name of the days (MON, TUE, WED etc). This will create all day options. You must select either all options as all day options, or add times to all the options.
You can enable a few special settings for your group poll.
- Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to vote in your group poll, and existing participant will not be able to change their votes.
- Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't voted after a given time. More information here
- Hide guest list: only you will be able to see the list of participants, their votes and their comments.
To enable these features, tick the corresponding box under "Settings".
Click "create and share link/send invitation" to finish up the invitation.
Good to know
- As the organizer, you will automatically have voted for all options in the group poll. It is not possible to change your own selection. Your name and votes will not be shown to the participants.
- Once you have the votes you need, select the final option and click "book it" - see more information on selecting the final option here.
- The final option will be booked automatically in your calendar, and a calendar invitation will be sent out to your participants.