Choose meeting type
- From your Doodle Dashboard, click on "Create" in the top right corner
- Select "Create group poll"
Provide meeting information
- Set a title, description and location of your meeting.
Adding video conferencing links to your group polls is a Doodle Professional feature.
Add your times
- Click anywhere on the calendar to create a time slot. The time slots can be extended to longer or shorter slots by dragging the top or bottom of the green box up or down (minimum 30 minutes).
- Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to (for example, shared calendars).
- Check your time zone at the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The group poll will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
- Click beneath the name of the days (MON, TUE, WED etc) to create all day options with no specific time. You must select either all options as all day options, or add times to all the options.
Missing the month view? No worries! This is on our roadmap and will be back soon.
You can enable a few settings for your group poll.
- Set a deadline (Doodle Professional feature): after this date and time, no one new will be able to vote in your group poll, and existing participant will not be able to change their votes.
- Limit participants: set the maximum amount of participants that can select the same time slot.
- Set automatic reminders (Doodle Professional feature): we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't voted after a given time.
- Hide guest list: only you will be able to see the list of participants and their votes.
Finish up your group poll
- Click "continue" at the bottom right corner to finish your group poll set up.
Now it's time to invite your participants.
- Click "share invite" in the top right corner
- Click "Copy link" to copy the participation link.
- Share the link with your participants as you’d like.
You'll need a Doodle account to invite your participants via email.
Good to know
- As the organizer, you will automatically have voted for all suggested meeting times in the group poll. It is not possible to change your own selection. Your name and vote will not be shown to the participants.
- Once you have the votes you need, select the final option and click "book it" - see more information on selecting the final option here.
- The booked event will appear automatically in your calendar, and a calendar invitation will be sent to your participants.