1. Retrieve your app-specific password from Apple
In order to connect your iCloud Calendar to Doodle, you'll need to generate an app-specific password from your Apple account.This is not your regular Apple password.
Apple requires both an app-specific password and two-factor authentication to connect with third-party applications such as Doodle.
Follow the steps below to retrieve your app-specific password:
- Log into your Apple account.
- Under "Sign-in and Security", turn on two-factor authentication if you haven't done so already.
- Under "App-Specific Passwords", select "Generate an app-specific password" or "+".
- Give the password a password label (for example, "Doodle").
- Click "create".
- Copy the app-specific password that is presented to you.
Note: We recommend that you save your newly created app-specific password to your password vault or wherever you securely store your passwords.
2. Connect your iCloud calendar to Doodle
- Go to your doodle account settings.
- Click on "connected calendars" on the left side menu.
- Click on "connect" underneath the iCloud Calendar option.
- Enter your iCloud Email Address.
- Paste the app-specific password generated from your Apple account
- Click "connect".
Your iCloud Calendar is now connected to Doodle.
Good to know:
- The availability of shared calendars that were added via the share option on iCloud will also be read and reflected in Doodle.
- The availability of shared calendars that were added through URL on iCloud will be not read and reflected in Doodle.
- Shared calendars from other providers such as Google or Microsoft will not be read and reflected when you add your iCloud Calendar to your Doodle account. Read here how to connect a Google or Office 365 calendar.