With Doodle's Microsoft Teams integration, you can enable a Microsoft Teams conference link to be added automatically to every meeting that gets booked through Doodle. This is especially handy if you are planning remote meetings.
When someone books a slot with you through a Doodle 1:1 request, your Bookable Calendar link, or when you select the final option for your group poll, the calendar invitation will contain a unique Microsoft Team conference link where the meeting can take place.
In order to connect your Microsoft Teams account to your Doodle account you must have the following:
- An active Doodle Premium subscription
- A connected Office 365 or Google Calendar connected to your Doodle account
- A Microsoft 365 Business or Microsoft 365 Education account
Let's take a look at how you enable this smart feature in your account settings!
Connecting Your Microsoft Teams Account To Doodle
1) Log into your Doodle account and go to your account settings. Click on the tab "Apps and Integrations". Click "Connect" on the Microsoft Teams image and log into your Microsoft account.
2) Once you have successfully connected your Microsoft Teams account, you will see your connected Microsoft Teams account under "connected account" as shown below:
3) If you have more than one conferencing tool connected (like Zoom) you will be asked if you want Microsoft Teams to be your default conferencing tool for Doodle. All meetings booked in Doodle will contain the link of the conferencing tool set as your default here. You can change between the tools as you'd like, but once they are selected they are selected for all future meetings.
Finding your Microsoft Teams conference link
Every time you send a calendar invitation from Doodle, the Microsoft Teams link will appear directly in the invitation under the meeting description. If you use Google Calendar, the link will also appear in the location field if it was not already filled out.
Enabling and Disabling the Microsoft Teams Integration
Under the Microsoft Teams tab on the Apps and Integration page, you will see a Toggle Switch entitled "Set as default for video conferencing". When the Microsoft Teams Integration is selected as the default, it will automatically create a conference link that will be attached to meetings on all your calendar events created in Doodle. When the integration is not selected as the default, your Microsoft Teams account remains connected to Doodle, but it will not generate any links, or attach links to these meetings on any of your calendar events.
Uninstalling Your Microsoft Teams Account From Doodle
Click on "disconnect" to remove your Microsoft Teams account from Doodle.
Good to know:
- The Microsoft Teams integration will only work if you have connected your calendar to Doodle (Google or Office 365)
- If the integration is enabled as you default conferencing tool in your account settings, it will apply for all polls/1:1/Bookable Calendar appointments. It is not possible to enable it meeting-by-meeting.
- If you enable the Microsoft Teams integration it will NOT apply for polls/1:1/Bookable Calendar appointments that are already planned.
- Participants do not need a Microsoft Teams account to join the conference link
- Each calendar event booked through Doodle will contain its own separate and unique Microsoft Teams conference link
We would be happy to hear your feedback and questions! Just contact us here