Watch the short video below to see how to quickly set up a meeting with Doodle's 1:1 tool. You can also keep reading for detailed step-by-step instructions.
1. Choose meeting type
- Click "Create" in the top right corner
- Select "1:1"
If you haven’t already done so already, you will be prompted to connect your calendar to Doodle. In order to use 1:1 you need to connect a Google or Microsoft Office 365 calendar in your Doodle account settings. This allows your booking page to reflect your availability and sync your bookings directly to your calendar.
2. Provide basic info
- Give a title to your 1:1
- Add a description to your 1:1
- Add a location to your 1:1
- Toggle on a video conferencing tool if your event will take place remotely. If you’d like to change your preferred video conferencing tool, you can do so in your account settings.
3. Add your times
- Click anywhere on the calendar to create a time slot. The time slots can be extended to longer or shorter slots by dragging the green box up or down (minimum 30 minutes).
- Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to e.g shared calendars.
- Check your time zone in the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The 1:1 will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
- OPTIONAL: Click just beneath the name of the days (MON, TUE, WED etc) to create all day options without specific times.
4. Enable special settings
You can enable a few special settings for your 1:1.
- Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to book in your 1:1.
- Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't booked after a given time.
- Check for conflicts: this option is automatically selected. You can change your calendar selection under "Edit selection"
5. Additional information from invitees
We will make sure to always ask for the name and email of your participants. If there is any other information that you’d like to gather, you can add a custom question here.
- Tick the box “required” if you want the answers to be mandatory. The answer to the custom questions will appear in the calendar invitation once the event has been booked.
6. Finish up the 1:1
- Click "create invite and continue"
7. Share invite
Now it's time to share the invitation.
- Click "share invite" at the top right corner
- Click "copy link for" to share via link
- Add emails to the email field to invite via email
- Change the automated message that goes along with your email invitation if needed.
You can invite several people to your 1:1. Once a time has been selected by a participant, it becomes unavailable for other participants.
Good to know
- Once a participant selects a time, both the organizer and the participant will receive a calendar invitation per email.
- Participants have the option to reschedule booked 1:1 meetings from the confirmation email sent from Doodle.