Choose meeting type
From your Doodle Dashboard, click on "Create" in the top right corner and select "1:1"
Provide basic info
Set a title, description and location of your 1:1.
Is the event going to take place remotely? Toggle on video conferencing. If your default connected calendar is a Google Calendar, a Google Meet link will be added to the calendar invitations. If you want to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams instead, select it as you main conferencing tool in your account settings.
Add your times
Click anywhere on the calendar to create a time slot. The time slots can be extended to longer or shorter slots by dragging the green box up or down (minimum 30 minutes).
Check for conflicts under "calendar" at the top right corner. Your connected default calendar will be selected automatically, but you can also select any other calendar that you have connected in your Doodle account, or that you subscribe to e.g shared calendars.
Also make sure to check your time zone in the bottom left corner. You have to select YOUR time zone. The 1:1 will adjust automatically according to the time zone of your participants.
If you wish to create all day options, e.g. days with no specific time selected, you can do so by clicking just beneath the name of the days (MON, TUE, WED etc). This will create all day options. You must select either all options as all day option, or add times to all the options.
You can enable a few special settings for your 1:1.
- Set a deadline: after this date and time, no one new will be able to book in your 1:1.
- Set automatic reminders: we will send out reminders to the participants who still haven't booked after a given time. More information here
- Check for conflicts: this option is automatically selected. You can change your calendar selection under "Edit selection"
Additional information from invitees
We will make sure to always ask for the name and email of your participants. If there is any other information that you’d like to gather, you can add a custom question here. Tick the box “required” if you want the answers to be mandatory. The answer to the custom questions will appear in the calendar invitation once the event has been booked.
Click "create and share link/send invitation" to finish up the 1:1.
Now it's time to share the invitation. Click "share invite" at the top right corner and copy the link for sharing or invite your participants via email. Make it even easier by adding your Google or Outlook contacts in your Doodle account settings. When you start typing the emails of your contacts, they will autofill. You can also change the automated message that goes along with your email invitation. You can invite several people to your 1:1. Once a time has been selected by a participant, it becomes unavailable for other participants.
Good to know
- Once a participant selects a time, both the organizer and the participant will receive a calendar invitation per email.
- If you need to cancel a 1:1 event, you can delete the event from your calendar and notify the participant. The time will reappear in the 1:1 for others to select.